Having a job is essential. It provides bread and butter on the table, and keeps things going. But the reality is that the world isn't perfect, and sometimes you can be in a job that you don't like at all. Obviously one should realize that having a job in itself is a blessing, and not everyone has a place to go to everyday. But that shouldn't keep you glued to something you dread going to every single morning for years and years.
I must admit I have had jobs I loved to bits, and enjoyed going to every single morning for years, but I have also been in companies where my skills were never tapped, and I felt as if I was just sitting and getting a paycheck for not doing much at all. I personally LIKE to earn my money, and would leave a job if I feel I am not giving my 100% or see that I am not being utilized to my full potential. Of course keeping in mind my skills.
Ok so below are the signs I have noted down that will give you an indication as to if you really are in a dead-end job or just have one of those days, which almost everyone has.
- You lack passion and feel things aren't moving forward
- You are miserable whenever you think of going to work
- You have lost balance between work/personal life
- Your skills are not being tapped at all
- Your duties at work have changed but pay hasn't
- You don't get excited and are constantly bored
- You experience verbal abuse
If you have three or more of the signs present in your work situation, prepare a nice CV and start applying. And please do NOT quit until you have found another job. :)